Wednesday, September 2, 2009

The Bachelorette is Back!

The Bachelorette’s Blog took a break over the summer with the Student Movement, and while on so-called vacation, my status changed from Single to In a relationship. Since I write the Bachelorette’s Blog, some people were curious, and asked me, ‘So, what will you do with the Blog.’ Of course, I planned to continue it, but this got me to wondering; are there bachelorettes out there who don’t realize that they’re bachelorettes? Since this is the inaugural issue of the paper, let’s start with some basics about bachelorettes. Pronunciation: bach-lə-ˈret, Definition: an unmarried woman. So, yes, ladies and gents, I’m still a bachelorette.

It’s good to be back, and talking about most women’s favorite subjects: men and how to date them. Christian women are put in a weird position; we are bombarded with images and messages that urge us to behave one way, yet the Bible’s still, small, voice advises us to do something totally different. Early in my Christian walk, my friends and I were left wondering how a twenty-something Christian woman is supposed to act. Through prayer, and unfortunately trial and error, I’ve found a few answers.

Last semester, the Bachelorette’s Blog tackled some juicy subjects like cyber stalking (reading up, googling and snooping to get info on men), how being single is supposed to be a seasonal position, but that we do things to prolong it, and I shared personal tools that helped me get through Singles Awareness Day, also known as Valentine’s Day. You can check out last semester’s blogs at http://bachelorettesblog.blogspot.com/

This semester, look out for Are You Thirsty, which is not about dehydration, but rather, the ridiculous things we do to get men to notice us, Why Wolves Run in Packs, a column about the perks of group dating, Never Been Kissed, which will deal with a popular anxiety: women who have never had a boyfriend, and think that they are aliens because of this fact. Next week, we’ll discuss girlfriend who acts like a wives.
If you are enlightened or outraged by anything that you read in this column, feel free to email me at etteblog@gmail.com or post a comment on the Bachelorette’s Blog facebook page http://www.facebook.com/BachelorettesBlog?ref=profile. Let start a dialog!

No comments:

Post a Comment